Thursday, November 6, 2008

Redhat Linux 5 Pendrive Server

I bought an eight GB pen drive where I installed an entire RHEL5. It took one whole night for installing. Then I configure dhcp, tftp, nfs, and DNS, Samba all. It can be used machines which will be having the provision of booting through removable devices. Normally all mother boards are accepting these kind of pen drive booting. It is very precious thing for me. I just wanna to share with you all.

The servers I installed are

1.DHCP
2.NFS
3.DNS
4.SAMBA
5.TFTP - FOR INSTALLATION

Do this same and your pen drive will manage your entire network easily.
It took lot of time to install (8 hours) is the only one limitation. But after that it will work good. You make sure that you remove your hard disk cable before installing the OS into the pen drive.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great one.
I also want to try now itself.

Anonymous said...

I already tried. But I tried in 4 GB pendrive only. Anyway it was working good on that time.

Service said...

its fantastic to see prassana exploring the network kingdom with only pen as the sword.
prasanna long live!!!!!